WHY CHOOSE CEDAR WOOD FOR YOUR DECK?
The industry’s pre-eminent green building material, Western Red Cedar has long been prized for its natural rot and decay resistance, durability and its unmistakable beauty. Naturally existing tannins in the wood give Western Red Cedar its ability to resist the elements and provide you with a deck surface that will not only stand the test of time, but provide your home and family with a backyard retreat that will look as good as it performs.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF CEDAR
- Timeless beauty. Whether you choose to stain it, apply a clear penetrating oil or simply let it age naturally, Western Red Cedar is a look that is often imitated but never duplicated.
- Naturally weather, rot, decay and insect resistant.
- Cedar doesn’t readily absorb moisture so it tends to lie flat and stay straight.
- Sustainable and renewable resource, F.S.C. ( Forestry Stewardship Council ).
- Lightweight, strong, durable and beautiful
- Can be sanded, refinished, and stained numerous times over its life.