WHY CHOOSE CEDAR WOOD FOR YOUR DECK?
The industry’s pre-eminent green building material, Western Red Cedar has long been prized for its natural rot and decay resistance, durability and its unmistakable beauty. Naturally existing tannins in the wood give Western Red Cedar its ability to resist the elements and provide you with a deck surface that will not only stand the test of time, but provide your home and family with a backyard retreat that will look as good as it performs.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF CEDAR
- Timeless beauty. Whether you choose to stain it, apply a clear penetrating oil or simply let it age naturally, Western Red Cedar is a look that is often imitated but never duplicated.
- Naturally weather, rot, decay and insect resistant.
- Cedar doesn’t readily absorb moisture so it tends to lie flat and stay straight.
- Sustainable and renewable resource, F.S.C. ( Forestry Stewardship Council ).
- Lightweight, strong, durable and beautiful
- Can be sanded, refinished, and stained numerous times over its life.
WHY TURKSTRA FOR YOUR CEDAR?
At Turkstra Lumber we stock all standard dimensions of Western Red Cedar, including 2×4, 2×6, 2×8. 2×10, and 5/4×6 deck boards and lattice. We also provide 4×4 posts, balusters, post caps, and stair components. All cuts of cedar are available at all 11 of our branch locations with next day, and when possible, same day delivery. Buy like a pro, build like a pro.
Our 3D deck design and estimating software can turn your dreams into reality and your backyard into an elegant retreat with a deck made with Western Red Cedar from Turkstra Lumber.